1. Enter Photos!
2. Get Published!!
3. Win Prizes!!!
ATTENTION ALL AMATEUR WEATHER PHOTOGRAPHERS!
Enter your best weather photos in the 2009 Weatherwise Photography Contest. Winners will be featured in the September/October 2009 issue. One grand prize, one first prize,
two second prizes, three third prizes, and several honorable mention prizes will be awarded. All winners receive a one-year subscription to the only magazine about the weather—Weatherwise.
SEND IN YOUR ENTRIES TODAY!
1. Photos must be the property of the entrant and may not have been nationally published or be under consideration for publication or prizes elsewhere. Photos may not be digitally altered.
2. The contest is open to all Weatherwise readers except professional photographers. Heldref Publications employees and contractors and their families are not eligible.
3. Entries must be accompanied by the signed contest entry form (download here). On a separate piece of paper, note the subject, location, and date of each photograph. Slides (35 mm and larger) and prints—color and black and white—are welcome. Do not enclose photos in binders, mount on paper, or write on the back of photographs. High-resolution digital images are also acceptable, at a minimum of 300 dpi, via email, but a high-quality printout of the image(s) must be mailed in separately along with the signed entry form. Electronic entries that are not of high enough resolution to be published in the magazine will be disqualified.
4. All winning photographs will be retained by Weatherwise and displayed on its website. Weatherwise and Heldref Publications also retain the right to use winning photos for their own editorial or promotional purposes without compensation to the photographer but will credit the photographer with any such use after publication of the September/October 2009 issue. In addition, Weatherwise, at its discretion, retains the right to provide the winning photos to outside organizations that wish to publish or display them. In this instance, Weatherwise will require that the photos appear with credit to the photographer as well as to
5. Nonwinning photos will be not be returned to entrants. Weatherwise retains the right to use any nonwinning photos for its own editorial or promotional purposes without compensation to the photographer.
6. Entries must be postmarked by June 2, 2009. Late entries will be held for the 2010 contest. Send to Weatherwise Photography Contest, 1319 18th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20036-1802. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Void where prohibited by law.